Friday, April 6, 2007

Limocycle


Ever since Justin and I started dating, we always talked about getting a tandem bike. I'm not one for enjoying working out by myself, so I thought it would be like the perfect workout. You could talk to eachother while pedaling, right? Well, the Christmas before last (2005), with the help of my dad's addiction to going to auctions, Justin made our wish come true. He completely redid, what I hear was a pretty shabby looking tandem (or you could call it by it's technical name-- The Schwinn Twin). A little welding, a lot of pain and some new seats and stickers and vwa-la it was brand new. It was a great surprise, but I was pregnant at the time and after a spill on our first time out (Justin decided to try to go off-roading or something on it) I was too scared to get back on while I was pregnant. So today was the day.... we decided Aubrey was big enough to put in her bike buggy and go for a ride. Needless to say, we were quite the site... too bad I didn't have anyone to take a picture of us all riding... I'll save that for another post. We rode over to Scott and Lorie's, but they weren't home, so we just headed home. Maybe we'll attempt a longer ride this weekend... hmm Dewar's Ice Cream sounds like a good destination :)

4 comments:

Kim said...

Ahhh... now that looks like fun! I'll take your picture anytime. Is it hard to manuever since it is so long?

Olive Oyl said...

That is so stinking cute. I would be too scared to ride on that with Mark... he gets crazy on his bike, while I prefer a nice, slow, gentle pace. :) She is such a cutie.... I'll bring my walking shoes to church tommorrow, so that we can make sure she makes it through the whole service again!

Anna said...

How fun!! You guys are such awesome parents! I pretty much want to eat Aubrey-she is so cute!

lorieloo said...

I'm SOOO sad we weren't home!!!! We're always home!!!=( Aubrey did good in nursery, but the walk-her-til-she sleeps didn't work this week, but she still made it through! YEAH! Love you guys, see you wednesday!