That's right folks... today was the day... AUBREY made it in nursery through the WHOLE church service! We are used to taking the walk of shame as we get paged to go pick her up, but today, thanks to some patience and persistance on the part of Christie and Colleen, Aubrey made it. I really wish I would have had our camera with me when we went to pick her up because it was a pretty funny sight. As we're walking up, I saw her stroller sitting outside the room and I was wondering "what the heck, did they get so sick of her they kicked her out?". No, I knew they didn't, but as I got closer I see our chubby little baby fast asleep in her stroller with her bottom lip all puckered out. It was too cute! Apparently she got pretty upset about 30 min before church was out, but they wanted to let us stay in service so they took her for a walk and she fell asleep. She was so content they opened the door and left her outside :) Thank you Christie and Colleen!
Service today was great, so it was the perfect day to stay there (God must have known). Basically it was a very untraditional service (not that our church has too many predictable services) but they just had worship and prerecorded scripture readings intermixed. It was just such a great reminder of the grace and power of God. We heard of the various miracles that Jesus performed, all the kids came in the service and circled the congregation waving palm fronds (it was beautiful). Worship was powerful! Our friend from Bible study, Stacey, is acting as the worship pastor until our church finds a new one and she did a fabulous job! WHAT A GREAT SUNDAY!
2 comments:
Small victories make it all worth it. She is so cute in the sleeping pic!
I was sooo excited for you when I talked to Christie yesterday afternoon, it's an accomplishment for all of us=) Your little girl is growing up so fast! Next thing you know she'll be up there waving the palm branches with little Gracie and all these baby Chamblesses! Can't wait!
Post a Comment