Finally, we also had Justin's school carnival on Friday night and my school BBQ today. Isn't Aubrey so cute with her daddy...even with a nice scabbed up nose?! :) Forgot the camera at my school BBQ, but it was fun.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Birthdays and BBQs
We celebrated a few belated birthdays this week. First, it was Papa CC's birthday. We went over to his house for pizza, cake and ice cream. Yum! The kids all love their Papa CC and so do we! He's always been such a constant in our lives, if that makes sense. He's predictable and that has always given me a sense of security. I can basically go to any of his usual restaurants and order for him because I know what he likes. I know his routine, his likes/dislikes, but most of all, I know he'll always be there for us if we need him. Thanks Goober for always loving us like we're your own kids! Happy Birthday!
Then yesterday we celebrated Brogan and Tyler's birthdays a couple of weeks late. Tyler (Christy's stepson) turned 13 on April 13th and Brogan turned 3 on the 18th. Unfortunately, while they were at Disneyland celebrating, Brogan got a NASTY stomach flu, which the whole family (including Aubrey) ended up getting....so their party was postponed until now. Jed and Christy BBQd hamburgers and the kids had fun playing. I swear that Tyler gets more handsome the further he goes into adolescence. That was not the case for me. Jr. High equaled the ugly stage, but not for him. Brogan is also adorable, as usual! He was so busy with all his new toys and Aubrey enjoyed checking them out too. 


Check out Tyler's HUGE pocket knife. This was a gift from my dad, of course. We all enjoyed discussing the multitude of weapons my dad likes to purchase for gifts :) I think I got my first BB gun and pocket knife at the ripe old age of 7.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wow, Tyler is getting so old. I don't feel like I am getting any older, but everyone around me is. I am not sure if I am just Weird or what. I mean, I don't feel any older, but then I will talk to people or see kids like Tyler getting so big, and I must be getting older LOL I don't think that made any sense but oh well.
Aubrey Sure does love her CC :) She is so cute.
Welcome to the 20s Alisha! I swear I've felt that way for the last 7 years. When I meet people (around my age) I automatically assume they're older than me, because, you know, they're all grown up. Then I realize I am too! Getting old is so hard ;)
Wow Tyler has turned into quite the little hunk! He looks so much like Jed. I cant believe Brogan is 3 now. Looks like you guys had fun partying as usual! Thats so awesome that you guys have such a good relationship with CC, he sounds like a pretty good guy!
that is so funny about the whole pocket knife and bbgun by age 7. i think you need to teach me a thing or two!!
Awww- it's so cool how much you love CC. And I recognize those comfy comfy couches! Man Tyler really DOES look a lot like Jed! And a school carnival where you're the TEACHER...crazy!
Post a Comment