Saturday, August 16, 2008

CHEESE!!!


This is the BIG 200!!!!
I have been racking my brain on what I should do to celebrate. Of course, I knew I wanted to do a give away, because, let's face it, give aways are FUN! Last time I had a give away, it was Christmas time, so it was easy to host a little contest. This time I just couldn't think of anything great. I'm not as creative as Christie, and I'm not as generous as Lorie. I want to make people work to enter, but not too hard. With school starting, I threw around ideas about leaving a comment about your favorite teacher, but Alisha said that was boring (because it is).

Then in my frustration of making Aubrey's b-day invites, it came to me. We always get to see all the cute pictures of each other's kids, thanks to digital photography. You know the ones with a big cheesy grin, or a sweet serene stare. But my kid is no cheeser. I REALLY have to work to get a decent picture. It's not that she isn't cute, it's just that she doesn't like taking pictures, and she has a scowl that could kill!! So, alas, it's time to show those bloopers! They don't have to be of the kids, they can be of you too. Just post at least one blooper (the more the merrier) on your blog by next Wed. and leave me a comment letting me know. If you don't have a blog or don't want to post it on yours, you can still enter by e-mailing me a picture blooper at jt58blue at hotmail.com. I'll put all your names in a hat and draw the winner on Wed. evening. The winner will get their choice of a $10 gift card to Starbucks or Jamba Juice.

Can't wait to see your blooper pictures! Here are some of mine:

This is Aubrey's first professional picture of "the scowl". Thanks Lorie Chambless!

Do you think she enjoyed the 4th of July parade?! Really, she's not crying here just straining to look up at the camera. She just looks plain miserable.


Auntie was trying to get her to smile for b-day invite pictures. Apparently she wasn't in the mood!


And my favorite! Just plain funny!

10 comments:

The Holtz Family said...

I did it, I posted a blog with pictures that aren't my favorites, but had my easyshare been working better there would have been more!!!

Olive Oyl said...

So. funny. Sammy always has a weird face in pictures. I think it is because he has a lazy eyelid like his daddy. Not a lazy EYE... just the actual LID. Too funny.

Can't wait to see the cute bday invites I know you'll come up with!

Megan said...

What a great idea! The bloopers are always so much more hilarious than the regular ones!

bandofbrothers said...

oh i just love it that she doesn't give cheesey smiles. i'll have to dig around and see if i can find any bloopers by wednesday. congrats on the big 2001

Talia said...

how fun! This is a great idea for a contest. I will definitely dig up those bloopers and share them before Wednesday. I can't pass up a give-away, of course. :)

by the way, I LOVE your Audrey bloopers. Wow, your girl has personality out the wazoo, even as a tiny baby!

the LaGore family said...

I love how super cute your kid is even in her blooper shots! I did it. I followed up on your direction and posted the pics. And I commented. Pretty impressive day for me! :)

Talia said...

Alright, I did it now too! :)

Megan said...

I just realized I think I won the last give away you did, maybe I shouldn't be eligible for this one!

bandofbrothers said...

ok, my blooper is in!

Sara said...

I know I'm late but I do have a pic up!