Now the beginning of school usually brings anxiety, an emptier bank account (my school is still on an 11 month pay scale), and transition. Even with these factors, there are a few things I'm excited about:
1. FALL! Last week we got a SLIGHT glimpse of nice weather. I'm EXCITED that fall is on it's way. I'm looking forward to falling leaves, layered clothes and rain. I'm looking forward to visits to the park after 9am when the slide won't burn the kids bottoms. And of course I'm looking forward to apples in Tehachapi. I LOVE FALL!

2. With fall comes Halloween...which means costumes! YIPPIE! I've already been looking for inspiration and I think we're set on a Dr. Suess theme! I'm so excited about the family affair I plan on creating ;)
3. And with Halloween comes pumpkin patches! I know I'm getting ahead of myself because it's not even September, but still....
Okay, I'll get back on track.
4. I'm excited about my new bike. I really needed a bike with gears for pulling the bike trailer, so I got one for my birthday. We ordered it yesterday and it should be in by the end of the week. SO FUN!
5. I'm excited that I only have two kids today instead of three....and they're both sleeping peacefully.
12 comments:
I AGREE!!! I was just thinking...I remember flying in on Oct. 10 last year and we were all wearing long sleeves and jeans. This is really happening (the end of crazy heat)! I LOVE your apple scrapbook page. Ohhhh and I'm very very excited about your Dr Suess theme. Your family is so lucky to have you in it!
Oh man I can't wait till fall.
I bought a costume for Jillian the other day. It was so cute I couldn't resist it. Which is pathetic because I totally could have made it. Oh well. I figure a month after the birth I probably won't be up to making a costume. That's how I justified it in my mind anyway.
I have to say that I am really excited about fall and the Dr. Suess theme! It is going to be so much fun. We need to see if maybe Brad and Kim want to get in on the action.... Hmmm... my mind is ticking. :)
sheesh i'm practically drooling just listening to all this talk of Fall. I'm CRAZY about the Suess hair picture--wildy exciting. I'm hyperventilating over your costume idea!
what a cute costume idea!!! Your Aubrey I must say would be adorable in ANYTHING, but that is super cute!
Love reading your blog Barbie. I read it regularly and enjoy your posts. I love costumes too - and love the excuse to wear one! I also love fall. Just the other day I could sense in the air a slight scent of fall - dry grass and leaves moist from the sprinklers--kind of musky. Summer has been grand - and now I'm ready for fall. Winter...I would like to avoid if I could. :-)
Okay...when are we going apple picking? ;) We're available.
I LOVE fall. I am so ready to bust out my fall home decor. Oh, and I hope we can go apple picking this year!!! Yeah for Fall!
I'm loving your new header Barbie- very fallish! Aubrey looks adorable, like such a big girl! But not too- big, still very baby-ish. You know what I mean. = ) I can't wait to see you guys!
OMG!!! Those new pictures are absolutely fantastic of Aubrey on your Blog. I WANT SOME!!!! Grandma Kim
Oh the pictures look so cute that way! I love how they turned out! And you are so winning that contest for sure! LOL
your new header looks beautiful-very clean and fresh!
Post a Comment