There's no denying that pregnancy turns me into a complaining, whining, pathetic person, but despite all of my complaints, I can't help but admit that this new little person growing in me fills me with overwhelming anticipation. The anticipation that only new life can bring. Soon a brand new little person is going to fill my life with so much joy, so much love, and right now, I have no clue who that little person is. God knows. He has perfectly formed my new little child to be an exact fit for the empty space in our family puzzle. No guessing or peeking on my part will prepare me for the surprise that is soon to come. How exciting is that??!!
But guessing and wondering makes the final prize that much sweeter...so that's what I do. Boy or girl? Blond or brunette? Easy-going or high-maintenance (easy-going, PLEASE LORD)? Time will only tell. I can't help but be excited for either a boy or a girl. I really want a sister for Aubrey. I know how special my own sister is, and I would love for her to have that kind of relationship. At the same time, I really long for a mama's boy--with striped sweaters and a football jersey. Either way, the anticipation is so much fun...so anticipate, I will! Personally, my "feeling" changes everyday, so I really have no clue what we're having. If names are an indicator, then it's a girl, because we only seem to agree on girl names. So far our two girl names are Claire and Juliet. It'll probably end up being Juliet because that's Justin's pick (I LOVE it too) and I got the final say on Aubrey. But as far as boy names go, we're stuck! All the cute -son names are out because of our last name and Justin pretty much thinks every name is not masculine enough. Our boy's name with Aubrey was Reid... and though I still like it, I'm not IN LOVE with it anymore. Some of my top picks are Drew, Carter, and Grant....Justin's are Reid, Maddox (Max) and Sawyer. Though I like the whole lot, I'm not sure there's that ONE that is our name.
Any thoughts? Boy or Girl? Names?
11 comments:
First...I love the new header pics of Aubrey. You gotta love those big blue eyes. The new colors on your blog make it a little hard to read...maybe it's just my eyes, but I had to squint to read it.
LOVING the new look! It is so exciting that you're waiting! I was just thinking of your brown and orange fish bedding and thinking how perfect it will be for either. Will that back room be a nursery? Or the one before Aubrey's in the hall? I love all of your names. Love them. Max was one our boy names too (Owen was the final boy name decision). Oh, and you definitely do NOT come across a a pathetic complainer. Ha! Not even close.
LOL...if my hubs could name our baby girl...he would say Juliet..he loves that taylor swift song..LOL.
I like Sawyer..WAY cute!
There's enough Julie's in our family and I LOVE CLAIRE :-)
As for a boy, I like all of the choices. Grandma Kim
Well you already have my other favorite girl name: Aubrey. But I really like Claire, Carter and Sawyer! Our boy name is actually two of the names from our short list last time. So maybe if you can narrow it down to two you guys like you can do one as the middle and one as the first name?
Well, you know Barbie, I have had friends in your predicament. They had a name for one gender, but not the other. Usually, the gender of their baby ended up being the one that lack a name. So, if this is the case then you may be having a boy.
love the new header!
i think it's so fun to guess and anticipate and play the name game! you threw a lot of good names out there! can't wait to see what your having and the name you pick! fun fun!
Well... I'm assuming you probably know which girl name I like best. ;)
Although I have to say that we must have the same taste because Claire was totally in the running when we were pregnant with Genevieve. In fact, she was ALMOST Genevieve Claire. lol.
Just FYI... everytime we tell people Juliet's name she gets tons of compliments. AND she does NOT let people call her Julie or Julia or any other short form of Juliet because she loves her name so much.
So fun! I can't believe you have the patience to wait...I sure don't! I hope to find out in a week and a half when I come home. I understand about the -son names...we feel like we can't do another because it sounds funny with Hudson. I love both Claire and Juliet...and Sawyer is a boy's name that we like too! I agree that boy names are a lot harder than girl names!
I love all your names and am impressed that you're already getting it narrowed down. I'm starting to panic over here!
I am anticipating with you girlie! I can't wait to meet your new little person =) I love Juliet and Claire both so much! All of the boy names were cute also! You will just know when you find the right one =)
Post a Comment