Sometimes I don't like the person that I can be, specifically when I'm stressed or overtired. I have a hard time channeling my energy in the right direction because I feel that I'm being pulled in all different directions. Instead, I get irritated with my kids, husband or other innocent victims. In the moment, I KNOW that my irritable behavior is irrational, but I get snappy anyways.
Today, I went to a Mother's Day luncheon with Justin's family and the speaker (Amberly Neese) used a quote that I loved, "God's not about to-do lists, but TO-BE lists". He doesn't care if my laundry gets folded, the house gets cleaned or both kids get bathed. But HE DOES care about my attitude towards my family and friends. I sure hope that I can stop worrying so much about my to-do list and start focusing more on my to-BE list! Easier said than done.
5 comments:
thanks Barbie-I needed to hear that!
I love that idea of BEcoming. It is so easy to get caught up in a stressful moment. It is something I am always working on, too. Thanks for this post.
I am so guilty of this too! Thank you so much for sharing this. I defninitely need to keep this in mind more.
I needed this. its so easy to confuse priorities for me!
Love the post below!
Oh I loved this Barbie and really needed to hear it. We are alot alike ya know =) Hugs =)
Post a Comment