Saturday, October 22, 2011

Big Girl Boo-boo

Miss Juliet has so, so many nicknames. When we named her Juliet, I intended on calling her Jules as a nickname...you know, because it's cute and feminine. Yeah, it never stuck. Instead we've called her Ju Ju, Jooj, Joojer, Joojer Booj, Boojer Bear, Boo, and Boo-boo. Funny how nicknames work. And when you ask her what her name is, her reply is always, "Ju-Ju". 

My how our little Boo-Boo is growing up. She speaks in full phrases/sentences now and is very good at communicating her wants and needs. Today as she was trying to shut the bathroom door (she loves SLAMMING doors), the step-stool was in the way and she said, "Move out the way. Shut door." She picks up something new every day it seems. I'm actually kind of sad because she's losing some of her cute baby ways as she becomes a big girl. For the longest time, instead of thank you she would make these two grunting sounds that would almost sound like "Unt, Uh". In reality she was making the syllable sounds for thank you, but quite a few people thought she was refusing to say thank you or saying she didn't want what they were giving her. Now she is saying "Taint Tu"...no more cute baby grunt. She also used to sign "more" when we told her to say please, but no more. Now our big girl clearly knows her "magic words".

I recorded these little video clips over a month ago in an attempt to document Juliet's achievements. I can't believe how much they learn in such a short amount of time.


She really does know a LOT of her colors, but she really likes pink. She often says it's "pink" until we say, "no, what color is it?" Then she gets it right.


This is how we clean house. Why not?! :)


Juliet is a HUGE Justin Bieber and Barney fan. Funny combo. :) It all started with Aubrey asking about Justin "Beaver" because all the neighborhood girls were huge fans of his movie. We showed her the video and Juliet got hooked. Aubrey's not a huge fan, but Juliet likes to groove! As far as Barney goes, well, I like that show. I think it has cute little songs, teaches them good lessons, and, let's be honest, anything that can buy me 30 minutes to take a shower is my friend!

:)

2 comments:

Tristan said...

she is soooo cute!!

and wowzers..our girls like a lot of the same things!
taylor-austyn is talking in scentences and her dr. is freaked by it..haha.
she also loves Justin Bieber!

And..my dad calls her boo boo..weird!
hahaha..she is getting so big and too cute...how sad,wish they could stay little!

Madonna said...

I wish I could vacuum that way!! It definitely would be a lot more fun to ride it!