Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Ultimate Challenge- VOLKSLAUF!



My studly hubby ran the 10K ultimate mud run challenge today!




Whew...I was exhuasted just watching. I'm so proud of him. He's really been trying to get into shape lately. He goes to the gym 2-3 times per week and has been watching what he eats and drinks. I was a little nervous about him signing up for Volkslauf, but he really wanted to and when a bunch of the teachers from his school decided they were running it, he knew it was the perfect opportunity. The mud run is put on by the Marines and the money raised benifits Toys for Tots....so not only was it a great challenge for the participants, but it's also a great cause.



Christy, Brogan, Aubrey and I all went out to show our support. It was fun to cheer on Justin and the other friends we saw along the way. Our friend Amanda, who did the 5K, even ended up running right along side Justin and his teacher friend, Michelle (they stagger the starts). Justin did a GREAT job and we're so proud of him. I think he'll be cleaning mud out of his ears for DAYS, but in the end I'm sure he thinks it's worth it! Maybe next year I'll join in, but only the 5K....I'm into the obstacles, but not so much the running part of it ;)



Check out our big buff mac daddy!







5 comments:

Amanda Rose said...

You got some really good pictures Barb! It was great having you out there, you're a great encourager! : )

Lisa said...

Hey can you maybe post this story and some of these pictures on NWV? This would be a great story for us...

Anna said...

I have to say that looks fun. Way to go Justin!

Annie said...

oooh i loved doing the volkslauf! It was one of the most physically challenging events I've ever done - but it was incredible. Yay cousin!

bandofbrothers said...

Hey-had fun seeing you last night! Hope you don't mind if I add you to my links...