Aubrey has pretty much been a mommy's girl since day one. Don't get me wrong. She loves her daddy and when she's in a playful mood, she'd choose him over me any day. But at heart she's a mommy's girl.
Anyone who has ever watched her in nursery, tried to take her from me and hold her, or seen me leave the room with her still in it, can attest to the fact that the girl is addicted to me.
Sometimes it drives me crazy...like when I need to go to the bathroom and she has a meltdown because she can't see me...or when I'm trying to cook dinner and I have a little cling-on attatched to my leg...or when I need to do any other chore that can't be done with only one hand because a baby is in the other. Most of the time, though, I really like it.
I love how she snuggles with me when she wakes up from her naps. How she pants for me when she feels I'm getting too far away. How she says "ma-ma" with a tone of desperation when she really wants me. I love her sweet little kisses and, despite the smell, I even enjoy the occassional diaper change when she plays a game of peek-a-boo with me. I love this girl!
I'm always reminded by older people that I meet along the way, "pretty soon she'll be too busy for you" or "before long she won't want you to hold her". I know this day will come, but not for a while. In the mean time, I'll enjoy her clinginess, even when it gets annoying. I know that there will come a day when I won't be able to catch those little legs, that are now barely walking. I see her independence grow daily and although it is a relief in some ways, I hope my mommy's girl will never be too independent to cuddle with her mommy.
5 comments:
She is a momma's girl, but there is nothing wrong with that. Its true someday they are to busy for you, I have one of those now. Maggie was hooked on me too, way more than Dallin, now she thinks Im a dork. I cant believe her walking, so cute. She is such a fun kid. Hope to see you this winter.
Loved the video! She is too cute!
Adorable creature. POST MORE VIDEOS!!!!! Mi gusta mucho.
I love how precious you are to her- and how precious she is to you! It is so neat to see your deep love for her.
I love that you are soo in love with your precious girl, and how much she loves you-that must be an amazing feeling!
Post a Comment