Monday, October 19, 2009

{Make it *EASY*} Monday

Crock Pot Cream of Potato Soup and/or {Zuppa Toscana}



SOOO easy!

Chop into 1/4 - 1/2 inch chunks:

5-7 Medium potatoes (I used 8 yukon gold- unpeeled)
1 medium onion
a large handfull of baby carrots

Add to crockpot with 5 cups of chicken broth
(we do this the night before and take out of the fridge in the morning)

Cook on low 8 hours

After the 8 hours, add:

1 cup (smallest carton) cream
Use a hand mixer (or a blender, I suppose) to get desired texture.
Salt and pepper to taste (we use a dash of crushed red pepper)

If you like Zuppa Toscana (Olive Garden): After 7 hours add cream- lightly blend, add chopped kale, crushed red pepper to taste, and a package of sliced and browned sweet italian sausage. Turn crockpot to high and cook for another hour or two. Enjoy!

This is perfect for the days when I work because it doesn't require much prep and is easy to finish after you get home.

7 comments:

bandofbrothers said...

i already had dinner and you are making me hungry! i just made potato soup the other day and it was so good. i wanted to add sausage, but did not. i think i will next time for sure, because i REALLY love that olive garden soup!

Becca said...

Looks yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

Misha Cohen said...

LOVE IT YUM!!!!

Eric and Emily said...

Come on cool weather stay around....I really love soups and this one looks so yummy!

Kim said...

I made it last night!! Delicious.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the recipe! It's on the list for the week.

Talia said...

mmmm, this is most definitely going to be dinner one night this week. :)