Whatever happened to a Christmas post?

I'm working on getting my pictures sorted, etc, but until then I've been keeping myself busy trying to get this baby out. I probably sound desperate. I am in some ways, but really I feel okay. I'm just not one for waiting patiently when there may be something I can do to speed things along. That goes back to my controlling tendancies. So I've been doing my research and testing the myths of natural induction and so far ALL the myths have been

Here are some I've tried:
*Raspberry leaf tea-- left over from my induction attempts with Aubrey...NOTHING, not even mild contractions
*Massage- Justin has been working the pressure points that I read about online AND I went to that China Massage place on Brimhall and Calloway yesterday (which btw was AMAZING-- only $20 for an hour long "foot massage", but they totally do your shoulders, arms, hands and back too-- while clothed) NOTHING, but it was oh so relaxing!
* Other methods I'm sure you're all familiar with. These methods are supposed to cause certain hormones that lead to labor and contractions...neither of them seem to work for us. NOTHING- long term at least...
*Walking, walking and a little curb walking. We even went to the mall today and walked around it a few times at a brisk pace (with only a few shopping excursions along the way ;) ) NOTHING, except a cute little outfit from Gymboree and some soap from Bath and Body Works.
*Squats with the Wii Active (only a couple- because let's face it, squats are not easy at this point in my pregnancy) NOTHING, except a sore butt and back.
*Spicy foods- mmm...I've actually been craving them. NOTHING, but oh so yummy! 

I've all but given up and decided to just relax. My last hope in 2009 is that tomorrow is a full moon-yet another myth about going into labor. I looked up some statistical research (very quickly, so I can't guarantee the reliability of it) and there is support for both sides of this myth. If it IS legit, then I sure hope that moon pulls the tide of my amniotic fluid and sends me to the hospital. Otherwise you may have to endure another whiny post and, of course, it'll be another

5 comments:
*Sigh* I so relate to all of this. Hoping we both go into labor soon.
I will vouch for the full moon thing. My cousin went into labor the night of a full moon and the hospital was packed!!!
You are too funny!! I always enjoy reading your posts!
Poor Barbie! LOL {{{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}} I think all the induction techniques can have some success, but if that baby's not ready to come out, s/he's just gonna stay put! I know how llllooonnnggg those last days feel though. Hang in there!
Such a great picture of the moon Barb! Hope things get moving soon :)
Love ya and hope to see you when we're in Bako in a couple of weeks. - teri g
Post a Comment